Thursday, May 29, 2008

Double Blessings


It has been a long time since I have updated our blog. Our family has been so busy both personally and professionally. Bob's been busy covering both college and high school baseball playoffs (UNCW is the NCAA tournament!). He also resigned his contract with WECT. My company reformulated our flagship product and I have been driving up and down Coastal NC promoting it. We also bought a new house which we will close on the day after the twins birthday party. But, most of all we have been busy with our babies, or should I say toddlers!

I can't believe that tomorrow I will no longer have babies but toddlers. Madison and Kaitlyn are turning one. This time last year I was crying to Bob because we thought and the doctors thought these girls were heading to the NICU. Instead, as I am sure they will do many more times in their life, they tricked us all. Besides Kaitlyn needing to be fed once through a tube, they were 100% healthy despite coming six weeks early. Here it is a year later and I am still crying. This time they are happy tears.

People say to me all the time "I can't imagine having twins" or "Oh I would never want twins, too much work". But to me and Bob we consider it a double blessing and we would have it no other way. I love not only being a Mommy, but a Mommy of Multiples.

So as their birthday is just hours away I cry as I think what went through this past year and then some.......Dr Cooper saying, "there are two heart beats", telling our family on Thanksgiving, IV fluids and zofran to help with the nausea, Angela writing on the sonogram, "buy me pink", sharing many hugs and tears with Dr. Wright, a scare of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome, BEDREST, daily BP checks, Bob rubbing the cocoa butter on my tummy, the kicks and hiccups from in the womb, Bob seeing my tummy "move" for the first time, Bob feeling the girls kick in my tummy, my HUGE baby shower, decorating their Winnie the Pooh nursery, the c-section with Dr Jones and Dr. Robison, holding them for the first time, nursing, bring them home from the hospital, walks around the neighborhood, their first Fathers Day with Bob in their pink dresses, bath time, trips to the beach, smiling, rolling, bouncing, laughing, immunizations, teething, their first Christmas, their first runny noses, "talking", their first road trip to Florida, crawling, swim lessons, cruising, their first steps, finger foods, high fives, my first Mothers Day.......and the list goes on.....

Like I said how did I get this lucky?

No comments: