Tuesday, March 4, 2008

9 Months Later...

So...I have been wanting to do this for a while, but haven't found the time to do it. But, I guess I have a little excuse or two why my time is so limited now. It's two beautiful identical twin girls! Hopefully, I can keep this website updated so our family and friends, especially those who live far away, know what is happening with our new family. This will be my blog. I know someone of you may read Bob's Blog, The Orange Couch. I can assure you the only time this blog will include fantasy sports will be when I am making fun of my husband. On a side note though, if Bob actually played fantasy sports for money, we would have some extra dough in our pockets!

It's hard to imagine that this time last year I was a week into full bedrest...ugh. During that time I must admit I was miserable. Like I always say, I never had that pregnancy glow about me. To be quite honest my whole pregnancy, for lack of a better adjective, sucked. Between bedrest, several doctor appointments every week, preeclampsia, a funneling cervix and at one point being told we may lose one or both of babies to Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) it wasn't enjoyable. Plus, I didn't get to "model" a lot of my maternity clothes and I missed a company paid trip to Hawaii. At the time these things seemed so important.....

Fast forward to today and I would do it all over again for the two miracles that sit before us. It is crazy to think they came 6 plus weeks early and weighed a whopping 5 lbs and 4 lbs 7 oz. Now they are just over 17 lbs. Madison a little bigger then Kaitlyn, but she is the big sister ! They are sitting up, saying MaMaMaMa, DaDaDaDa, and BaBaBaBa (for our cat Bubba?), rolling everywhere, eating almost everything we give them (except yogurt) and they even took swim lessons at the YMCA. We are convinced Madison is going to skip crawling all together and go straight to walking. She loves to "stand" and walk around in her Sesame Street Walker. She has her two bottom teeth in. Kaitlyn has gone from the being the high maintenance child at birth to the one who plays on her mat by herself and is very happy. She is also the definition of Daddy's Little Girl.

Right now we are going through our first real illness. The girls and Daddy have bad colds. I feel so bad for the girls because they would feel so much better if they could just blow their nose! This past weekend it seemed everywhere you looked there was snot. Not very fun, but we seem to be getting better.


Well, that is it for now. Hopefully I will be able to keep this current unlike The Orange Couch.

1 comment:

Bashful Boston said...

What a good idea, Kelli. I hope you'll allow guest writers once in a while...