Thursday, March 6, 2008

An Unfaithful Fan

I hate to admit it but I am picking the mouse over the hawk. Yes, I am cheering against my beloved UNCW Seahawks this weekend in the CAA tournament. You see if the Hawks pull off an upset and win then they heading to the NCAA tournament. Which means so is my husband. And, the NCAA tournament is when we have our Disney Vacation planned. So, this weekend I will be watching the scoreboard hoping that the boys in teal are on the losing end.

I know very selfish. But, some of you know my love or Bob says obsession with all things Disney. I have been planning this trip for weeks. I look at the webpage of the Resort we are staying at, The Yacht and Beach Club, everyday. I actually have itineraries planned for each day, dinner reservations made and of course outfits picked out. I know rides we need to go to first and what time the shows/parades are scheduled.

Bob just wants to know where sleep is on the itinerary. That is his idea of a vacation. Growing up in Orlando he just doesn't seem to love Disney the way I do. But, we did get engaged at the Magic Kingdom so I am sure it has a little special place in his heart...or at least I hope.

Did I mention this is just a vacation for Bob and I? Yes, we are going to Disney minus our girls. They will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa Fankboner.

You would think I would be better at planning vacations and yes, wedding around major sporting events. I mean I married to the sports guy. Just remember we are the couple who got married the weekend of the Final Four in NC when UNC-Chapel Hill was it.

1 comment:

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Ah, I did something similiar when Georgia Tech was set to play in one of the Final Four games here in DC, as it was the SAME day as the International Wine Festival. I mean, come on...I would much rather have my Mommy Juice than watch THEM!